The ugly part of this post is towards the end.
But first, lets talk about pretty and delicious desserts.
During my POM dinner party, I made some treats that I gave away with my party guests goodie bags.
I was inspired by Heather’s Maple Nut Oaties and adapted these from her original recipe.
POM, Chocolate & Nut Oaties
- 1 & 1/4 cup toasted rolled oats. Toast them in the toaster oven set on 350° for a few minutes. Watch them as they burn easily.
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted tahini
- 3 tablespoon unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (1/4 slivered almonds & 1/4 cup pepitas)
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet dark chocolate
- 1/8 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup fresh pomegranate
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 325°.
- Combine all ingredients and refrigerate for 30 minutes. (I kept it in the refrigerator longer because I used tahini, which is a little thinner than nut butters)
- Scoop cookie dough by tablespoon onto parchment lined or greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool for a minute before placing on the cooling rack.
Sweet, chocolate and tart goodness. (Similar to chocolate + dried cherries combination, which I love).
I love the reddish stains from the baked pomegranates.
There’s so many possible combination for this recipe that I don’t think you can go wrong.
Now for the ugly part.
I’m going to a holiday party this week where the theme is “Ugly Christmas Sweater”. I don’t own any ugly sweaters (well, not ugly for me) so my mission the next few days is to find the ugliest sweater I can find. The uglier the better.
While I was searching online for pictures, I found many online stores that actually sell ugly sweaters, but these were sold out (really, are they that in-demand?)
Or I’m thinking of some homemade version that I can put together myself with what I have at home. Below are my inspirations.
Or these two from Ebay:
It’s going to fun being silly and enjoying each other’s outfits. I don’t mean to offend anyone who actually own these sweaters, because I do think they are very festive, just not my style you know? They are not ugly, but rather they are unique🙂