Even fantasy destinations have their bad days, even on our honeymoon.
Today, the wind and rain has stirred up the white beaches and it is not looking like its pretty self.
We are enjoying some downtime, waiting for the bad weather to pass so we can get ourselves some delicious fruit shakes.
Yesterday we had an amazing time touring the little islands surrounding our island. We went snorkeling and I’ve never seen so many colorful fishes like I did yesterday. We also enjoyed exploring cool caves.
If you would like to read and see more pictures about our under water adventures and all day island hopping, head over to Chris’s blog, Oakpower. He did a fun recap of our day. Being a marine biologist, he can sum up our day better than I can 🙂
Enjoy today’s guest post from the lovely Kathleen!
Hey my darling Healthy Coconut readers! My name is Kathleen and I blog over at a pretty cool blog named KatsHealthCorner.
I am so excited to be doing a guest post for Lea! Lea is such an amazing person inside and out and I am so honored that she asked me!
What I strive for in my life is balance. Balance in health, balance with myself, and balance with life. Over the last few weeks, traveling around has been my middle name — seriously! It was back-to-back FUN! And along the way, I learned quite a lot of new things.
Join me for 100 things I’ve learned throughout Teen Conference, my family’s trip to Hannibal, Missouri and my family’s trip to Illinois!
1. The view from a plane is INCREDIBLE!
The clouds looked just like POPCORN! popcorn popping on an apricot tree….. 🙂
2. Smooshing pennies is fun! Especially when you get to smoosh on a face of Mark Twain onto it!!!
3. I really want more Porcelain Dolls. They are just SO pretty!!!
4. Stairs in the past were really steep and narrow. They are very hard to walk up, so WATCH YOUR STEP!
5. Steering the boat is a lot of fun! Especially when you get to be at the helm.
6. I wish I could white wash a fence everyday! Just like Tom Sawyer! (who is by the way VERY SMART! I love how he coaxed all of the other boys to do his chores for him while he laid back and took a nap!)
7. Neck cushions make splendid hats!
8. Grass can grow on the roof as well as the ground. Who knew?!
9. Deodorant is one of the greatest inventions EVER.
10. The 1800s had a lot of GORGEOUS silverware! 🙂
11. Stone stacking is an incredible sport!
Wait, you’ve never heard about it? 😉
I was absolutely STUNNED when I saw these boys building this! It blew my mind that was even possible.
12. Rocks are very intelligent.
I couldn’t have said it better myself.
13. Fox and Geese is one of the BEST games ever! 🙂
14. Boys can be really sweet. It was like 1 am in the morning the night after the Dance at Teen Conference. All of the boys went to each of the girl’s cabins and sang to them. They even sang Happy Birthday to me. 🙂
15. The 19th century already knew of the benefits of Flax and Psyllium (or at least knew they were good for you)!
I wonder what THEY used that for? 🙂
16. Oxen walk veeeeerrrrrryyyyy slllllooooowwwwwllllyyyyyy.
17. I don’t know how people in the past could have worn all of the layers that they wore in the summer. I understand in the winter, since it gets really cold and they didn’t have a “switch” that we do to make the house warm.
18. I am grateful for air conditioning.
19. Horses are such beautiful animals! 🙂
20. I am grateful for sunscreen –especially when you are outside all day and burn easily.
And that’s part one!
Have you ever flown on a plane? This was one of the first times I’ve flown in a plane since I was a little girl.
Have you ever had Psyllium? Flax? Psyllium is really packed with fiber, so if you start eating it, start with just a tiny bit to let your body adjust!
I want to know — HOW DO YOU VIEW SUGAR? Do you try to avoid it? Moderation? Not worry about it? Does the sugar content of a food have an influence on whether you will eat it or not?