I can’t believe that after yesterday, the year is halfway over. We are at the mid-way point of 2011. Time is sure flying. How is everyone doing with their goals for this year?
I can’t believe that yesterday also marks one month from when we got married. It feels just like yesterday.
We don’t have any big plans in the coming month except tidying up our home and getting started with newlywed life, social events and catching up with friends and family.
Speaking of tidying up, all pre-wedding related items are being recycled, given away or going into trash. My bridal magazines are all going to my sister Berna. She had some interest in them, you know, for her future plans 🙂
Pink is still the theme around here, same as our wedding. I used Vistaprint a lot for our wedding, and I’m still using them post wedding. I designed our thank you cards.
Seeing the cards on my desk makes me happy. We have so many people to thank and no matter how many ways we say thank you, I just don’t feel it’s enough. We feel so grateful for everything.
I am also grateful for these delicious and crunchy snack bars I made recently.
I was looking for crunch and crunch I got. This is the crunchiest snack bars that I’ve made so far and I love them. I love the texture.
I used Julie’s Peanut Butter Bar recipe. But I wanted to use up some cereal around the house so I used a combination of 3 cereals. I used whole grain wheat flakes, crispy rice, and Uncle Sam’s Toasted Whole Wheat Flakes & Flaxseed.
You can also keep it simple and use raisin bran flakes.
I also added extra cranberries to the mix. It was a fun add-in since I used plain wheat flakes cereal.
Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- 1/3 c. agave
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/3 c. light brown sugar
- 1 c. creamy peanut butter
- ½ c. crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 5 c. crunchy cereal combination (raisin bran is recommended)
- 1/3 c. ground flaxseeds (optional)
- 1 c. chopped Craisins
- Put agave and coconut oil in a large pot on medium heat. Add sugar and stir until melted and mixture begins to bubble. Add cinnamon and stir until dissolved.
- Stir peanut butter into the agave mixture until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in cereal mix, flax and Craisins.
- Press firmly into an 8X8 pan lined with foil that overlays ends. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
Crunchy, sweet and oh so peanut buttery.
These are delicious and also freezer friendly.
I hope your holiday weekend is off to a great start.
Do you have any fun plans this weekend? We are still trying to figure out where we are going to celebrate 4th of July. Outdoor activities and watching fireworks at Disneyland perhaps?