One of my favorite snacks in the afternoon is greek yogurt with nuts, fruits or granola. I’m also trying to add different variety of greek yogurt, and using plain yogurt instead of the flavored ones. I find that a little hint of honey goes a long way.
Recently, I made a grain free granola. I’m always up for trying new recipes. It was love at first bite. I love the crunch, the flavor and that it’s not too sweet. I’ve also eaten this granola served with fresh fruits in a bowl with almond milk. Sort of like a morning cereal, but instead of cereal, it’s granola. This is also toddler friendly in my house 🙂
I’ve altered the recipe by using less coconut oil and adding more unsweetened coconut flakes. I also used dark cocoa and doubled it. I loved the results and will be making a new batch soon.
Grain Free Chocolate Granola
(recipe slightly adapted from Delighted Momma)
- 1 cup of pecans
- 1 cup of hazelnuts
- 1 cup of raw almonds
- 1/4 cup of roasted flax seeds
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil (measure it out while it is in solid form not melted)
- 2 tablespoon of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of cacao powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees *
- Place all your nuts in a food processor and pulse a few times until you have a granola like consistency.
- In a small pot melt and mix together the coconut oil, honey, vanilla, cacao powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in the shredded coconut.
- Add the mixed nuts to the melted mixture and coat your “granola” really well.
- Place granola on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool and eat just like you would eat any other granola!
Keep granola in an airtight container in your fridge.