Happy birthday to my baby, my big boy and my little Hawkie!
Happy 2 years since birth day for me.
– My little man turned 2 this past week. I am so happy and grateful that we have ourselves a healthy, happy toddler and very talkative little guy. I was stopped by the daycare director last week and he mentioned to me that H is very verbal in class.
– One of my favorite time is when I walk in the door from a long day at work and can here his giggles, which just melts all the stress away.
– The toughest time of the day sometimes follow the giggles, when I got myself a cranky and tired baby while I’m making dinner. The “throw myself on the floor, screaming, and hanging on to your leg” type of meltdowns
– After 2 years of moving in our new neighborhood, I feel like I’m finally starting to create a mommy community. I’m talking about non-family, new friendships made with other moms who live in our city.
– We had a brunch party this weekend to celebrate and all our immediate families were in attendance. It’s easy to take it for granted, but having family around makes these celebration and milestone so much more special. I am aware of this now more than ever.
– I saw in my TimeHop app the picture I posted when he was only 3 days old. I remember that day so vividly still, the top I was wearing while holding him, my position on the sofa at our old house and how he felt so fragile in my arms staring wide-eye at me. Now, he runs everywhere and every chance he gets.
– I get asked this question more and more, “Are you ready for a second baby?”. I don’t have a simple answer so I say that I want to enjoy H being an only child at the moment.
– I remember reading a ton of parenting books during H’s first year, but suddenly I stopped and I haven’t read any for awhile. I do enjoy reading them and learning new things. But as my face-to-face conversation time with other moms grow, I’ve learned to ask questions and trust my gut and relying less on getting the information from books.
– I always waited for the day he would give me kisses on his own, and that day is here. He will hug me around my neck and give me sweet kisses on the lips. So sweet.