I made this almond crusted salmon twice during the month I did Whole 30. I bought 2 Costco size salmon, that was easily about 10 servings each. I bake it all at once and then portion and freeze half of it.
I love salmon and usually bake/grill them with just a simple oil, salt & pepper on it. So this was a much different way for me to cook salmon, it was a welcome change. The main flavor of the almond crust is the Italian seasoning, so make sure that the brand you use is good quality. I like that the recipe uses fresh lemon juice and coconut oil too.
I also served this salmon when we had company over for dinner and everyone liked it as well, everyone enjoyed it with steamy rice while I like to eat this with stir fry veggies.
Italian Almond Crusted Salmon
- 1 lb salmon filets
- 2 Tbs almond flour
- 1 Tbs Italian seasonings
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay salmon scale side down on a baking sheet.
- Squeeze lemon juice over salmon filets.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine almond flour and italian seasonings and sprinkle mixture evenly over fish.
- Drizzle melted coconut oil over fish.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Set oven to broil and broil until the crust begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Temperature of fish should be 165 degrees.
Recipe found on Pinterest.from A Blossoming Life blog.