I’ve been asked many times to list dishes that are in our current dinner rotation. I usually draw blank and can’t get to 10 dishes, usually I remember about 5 dishes right on the spot. But later on, when I browse this blog or look at my recipe boards on Pinterest, I realize all the dishes I’ve forgotten to mention. P.S. since I’ve become mom, I feel like my memory isn’t as sharped as before, OR maybe I feel that I don’t need to bother to remember things because I have other priorities, whichever the reason may be, I’m very good at making and keeping lists and writing things down. Anybody else the same?
When I mentioned this recipe to my friend Amie this past weekend during our hike, I realized that I haven’t posted it on the blog. These pictures are from few years ago, and seeing the kitchen counter from our previous house, brought back many special memories. So I have been making this dish for years now, and it’s about time I post it on here.
I’ve sent this recipe via emails several times to friends, but I notice that people like making recipes that have pictures to accompany the instructions. I am the same way when I’m baking and trying a new recipe, so I assume others are the same?
Here’s how I adapted the recipe:
– I prefer to use Trader Joe’s brand olive oil tortillas
– We don’t like blue cheese, so we didn’t use it
– Used mozzarella cheese because we always have it on hand for pizza night
– This recipe makes 12 taquitos, but I only make 6 at a time and freeze the leftover filling. It freezes well.
This is the finished product, crisp on the outside, and creamy on the inside, and it’s baked!
Baked Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
- 4 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 12 soft taco, flour tortillas
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 4 ounces Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1/3 cup Frank’s hot sauce
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (for brushing the tortilla)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small sauce pot over medium low heat, melt butter.
- Add Mrs. Dash, garlic powder and Cajun seasoning. Stir to combine and cook for 1 minute.
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted and completely combined with butter and spices.
- Wisk in hot sauce and milk and simmer for 5 – 8 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Combine chicken and sauce.
- Lay out a tortilla; fill with about ¼ – 1/3 cup chicken and 2 tablespoons of mozzarella cheese.
- Roll up taquitos tightly and place on a greased baking sheet
- Brush taquitos with vegetable oil on all sides.
- Bake for 15 – 18 minutes; rotate them every 5 minutes, until golden brown.