– We just got back last weekend from our first family vacation with a kiddo. We flew to Miami (pictured above) and cruised for a week around the Caribbean. This vacation has been in the planning since the new year. Last time the hubby and I went on a real long vacation was during our babymoon in Hawaii in Nov 2013. There were 13 of us total who joined the trip.
– If you have been following my blog for a long time, you know that I love to travel. Travelling is always on my mind, but travelling with a toddler is a whole new ball game for me. Although it was exciting and memorable, it was also tiring. I’m glad we did it.
– I still haven’t unpacked. #TypicalOfMe
– Little man is waking up every day at 5am, because he is still on eastern time zone. I think this weekendatat he is back on the right time zone.
– I’m glad the first weekend back from our vacation was a holiday weekend. We needed the downtime as a family.
– If you saw us at the airport with our luggage, car seat, strollers and misc bags, you would think we were travelling with a family of 5, it was just us 3. I underestimated how much we would be lugging around.
– After being away for 1.5 weeks, I’ve never appreciated our home and what makes it a home. Travelling is very exciting and I think everyone should do it, but there’s nothing like being at home sweet home.
– Although we had a house/pet sitter, we came home with a green pool, with stuff growing on the sides.
– I realize we need to travel more, and I’m already brainstorming for the next trip.
– Family vacation rules!, even if it takes a few days to recover from it. It’s all worth it.