I love mini foods and always try to look for “mini” dishes to make whenever I’m hosting a party. I’m the type of person that likes to have a taste here and there, but don’t want to eat a full serving because then I will get full fast and won’t be able to taste the full menu. Ahhhh, this foodie’s dilemma.
These cranberry brie mini bites were really easy to make, everything was store bought so all I had to do was assemble and bake. I got the brie cheese and cranberry sauce from Trader Joe’s. I brought a few leftovers in the office and they were still delicious after a few days (stored in the fridge). I’m excited to try different sweet toppings like walnut and brown sugar in the future.
Inviting friends and family into my home, brings me such joy and great pleasure. I love to host parties, but I know in years past, the whole thing seems too stressful and daunting. I’ve had many practices so I’m semi-comfortable in hosting now. I have my go-to easy recipes that I can whip together, that looks pretty and also delicious. This recipe is one of them.
This would be a festive and easy appetizer for this holiday season. Small bites you can pop in your mouth while holding a cup of wine in the other hand
Cranberry Brie Bites
- 1 package (17 1/4 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 lb Brie cheese
- 1 cup cranberry sauce (purchased or homemade)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- With a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut the sheets into approximately 3 inch x 3 inch squares. Press each square into a mini muffin cavity.
- Cube the cheese – about a 3/4 inch cube for each (you may have a little cheese left over). Place a cube of brie in the center of each puff pastry square. Top the brie with a small dollop (about 2 teaspoon) of cranberry sauce.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until puff pastry corners are toasted lightly brown.
- Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from Food.Com