With summer in full swing, we often have friends and family over at our house to swim every weekend. I’m always looking for quick snacks and dips I can serve to a hungry crowd and something that will be appetizing after being in the hot sun in the afternoon.
The original recipe that I followed called it a “skinny dip”. I just called it what it is, cream cheese and veggie dip These are best served chilled so it’s good to keep it in the fridge until it’s time to eat. What I like about this dip is the crunch from the vegetables, the texture of the chopped vegetables work well with the cream cheese.
Even though it’s not pictured below because I had it on the side, I like eating this dip with these gluten free crackers found at Costco.
Cream Cheese Veggie Dip
- 1 red pepper (diced finely)
- 2 jalapenos (unseeded and diced finely)
- 1 can of corn (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 can diced olives (chopped finely
- 16 oz low-fat cream cheese (softened)
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch dip seasoning mix.
Mix ingredients together. Serve with crackers or raw veggies.
Recipe from here
Other appetizers that I love: