We are 7 days from Halloween and we still haven’t decided on our costumes. Me personally, I own three costumes and will start recycling them this year. We have a high employee turnover at my work that I figured, if I wear a costume I’ve worn 3 years ago, nobody is around to remember it.
I had three years of Halloween where I could dress my little man whatever I wanted, without him having an opinion on it. This year is the first year where he is old enough to choose what he wants. He wants to wear a Pirate costume again, same as last year. I have a few pirate costumes coming in the mail in the next few days.
This time last year, we’ve already worn our costumes about 2-3 times at different Halloween themed event. This year, we haven’t had to attend a Halloween event yet. We have 2 events coming up, not including Halloween night where we go trick-or-treating in our neighborhood. This year’s Halloween feels less festive, it could be that Halloween is on a Monday this year?
I made this cream cheese brownies at our Halloween party last year and it was a hit. It wasn’t too sweet and the creamy cheese portion was an added bonus. It was also cool to look at with the brown and orange swirls.
Cream Cheese Brownies
- 1 brownie mix with ingredients required in mix (I like Ghirardelli brand)
Cream cheese layer:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons flour
- orange food coloring (optional)
- Mix your favorite brownie mix by hand. Spread ½ of the wet brownie mixture in 9 x 13 inch pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a separate bowl, mix cream cheese, butter, and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla, and flour and mix well. Add orange food coloring to desired color.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on top. Drop remaining brownie batter on top and pull a knife through. Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.