I am still on a pumpkin high. After incorporating pumpkin on several creations in the kitchen lately, I am still not sick of it. That’s good, because there was a big sale last week and I stocked up.
The nice folks at Julian Bakery sent me a few loaves of their bread to sample. They make breads that are “healthy, fresh, wholesome, high-quality, chemical & preservative-free, complete protein breads, made with organically grown grains”. They are a local vendor, just an hour away in sunny San Diego. Their products are sold and shipped nationwide.
The bread tasted great to me. It tasted like your normal healthy bread and couldn’t really tell from the taste that it was high protein. It’s dense and it’s great for toast with lots of toppings.
I have been wanting to make Caitlin’s banana grilled sandwich for awhile now. I made it today with Julian Bakery’s protein bread and made my own modification.
♥ autumn love ♥
Grilled Banana Sandwich
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Two pieces of whole wheat bread
- 1/2 banana (or whole banana if you want)
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin (I used Libby’s brand)
- 2 tablespoon greek yogurt
- Drizzle of agave
- Dash of cinnamon
- Sprinkle of Coconut Granola (on recipe page) & chia seeds
- Grease and heat frying pan.
- Make basic French bread by dredging the toast in eggs and placing on grilled.
- Meanwhile, slice the banana and place on griddle to cook.
- While the toast and banana cooks, mix pumpkin, agave and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- Once toast has finished cooking, remove from heat and put bananas in between slices. Top with pumpkin mix, yogurt, coconut granola and chia seeds. (or any healthy toppings of your choice)
- Drizzle a small amount of agave on top.
The pumpkin and yogurt mix is great. Sweet and tart.
I definitely recommend adding a crunchy topping to the sandwich such as granola or nuts. All the texture and layers makes it very fun to eat.
This was a great hearty breakfast, it was delicious but was only able to finish 3/4 of the sandwich. I was full after 1/2, but kept eating it and finally decide to pack it up.
To round up my special breakfast today, I also sipped on dessert, I mean sipped on Chocolate Mint Truffle. I picked it up at Wholefoods this week because nights are getting cooler and I wanted an exciting tea to drink in the morning.
I love that I can drink chocolate in the morning or 3 times a day if I want to.
Mighty Leaf teas are great. Some teas smells great but I become disappointed when the taste and flavor is less intense. Not Mighty Leaf teas, their teas are equal in aroma and taste. The chocolate mint truffle flavor is like drinking dessert, one sip at a time.
I love chocolate so much that it has been included in my wedding planning. I’m planning on getting something small that will be engraved with the word chocolate in it🙂
I’ve added a new page that includes all the post for my wedding plans. I get a lot of questions regarding wedding planning, especially destination wedding planning. For me, the hardest party of planning a destination wedding was picking location. It took me awhile to decide.
I must say that trying to find a hotel in all of Mexico, the Caribbean and Hawaii was just too big of a task. It’s nearly impossible task to take on and remain sane. You can only look at so many hotels before you start dreaming about them every night.
The big items that I’ve completed are:
- Location and hotel
- Venue – We want to surprise our guests so we haven’t revealed the location yet. It’s a private beach and only accessible by boat.
- Wedding coordinator
- Travel Agency (I highly recommend hiring a travel agency to take care of all travel accommodations for all guests. It’s organized and they have the resource to compare prices)
- Photographer for wedding
- Photographer for local engagement session
- Wedding colors have been decided.
- Wedding website is up and running
- All guests have been notified with early Save The Date notice.
Wedding dress shopping is next🙂 I can’t wait and so excited to go on my first appointments with all the bridal boutiques. I have a style and wedding designer in mind, so hopefully it will be very easy to choose.
Hope your week is going well so far.