I created this pancake and topping combination during my run today. During my cool down, my mind started thinking about breakfast. I had a nice and short run this morning, trying to keep my legs fresh for my 10K Turkey Trot tomorrow morning.
I have been eating a lot of red food lately and it continued today.
When I fall in love with certain food pairings or flavors, I go on phases where I will eat it constantly and I find ways to incorporate it in my meals.
- 1/3 cup Kodiak Cakes whole grain pancake mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- Additional toppings: pumpkin puree, greek yogurt, fresh pomegranate arils, cranberry granola (from my granola exchange)
- Syrup: 1 tsp melted coconut oil + 1 tablespoon agave
My life has been filled with fresh pomegranates lately.
The burst of flavor from the pomegranate arils has been a fun addition to my food.
How I will tackle the Thanksgiving holiday and my eating philosophy:
– I will continue my normal workout throughout the week. No skipping my routine just because it’s a holiday. I feel better working out first thing in the morning.
– I have 3 parties to go to on Thanksgiving day. I will not worry about all the food and eating too much food. I will enjoy myself tomorrow, and eat all the stuffing and pumpkin pie that I need. I don’t need much but I like to taste everything.
– It’s only 1 meal (3 meals in my case) out of the year. It is said that our social and emotional connection to food is so strong so it is important to not deprive myself at family parties.